When it comes to color that is when the fun starts! I will aim to make shopping for the right color online just as easy as in a store (or easier)! After you have found a style you like, it is time to check out your color options and there are plenty of options when it comes to color. If you are new to wigs, consider staying close to your natural color .You can always have fun experimenting with color later. When you and I go over color options, I will show you all different colors on my color ring. A color ring is samples of hair with all different colors attached to a ring.
Many wigs come in petite, average and large sizes. Average size wigs; however they tend to fit about 95% of customers. I will be more than happy to show you how to measure your head to determine the best size!
Constant innovation in technology allows for increasingly wearable and comfortable wigs! The base of any wig is referred to as a cap. The hair is attached to the wig cap using a variety of techniques to achieve different looks. On most wigs, hair is attached in “wefts.” These are strips of hair doubled over and sewn closely together in long strands.
Others are hand-tied for the most natural movement. If you like to wear your hair swept away from your face, lace front wigs are the best option. If you like parting versatility, we recommend full monofilament wigs. 100% Hand-Tied and double monofilament wigs are known for being gentle on sensitive scalps.
If you enjoy styling versatility, human hair or heat-friendly synthetic hair is the way to go. While human hair offers the most natural look and feel plus styling versatility, heat-friendly synthetic hair also allows heat styling (optimal temperature of 250-275 degrees — never go above 350 degrees). Proper care is vital to keeping heat friendly hair looking its best. A wide tooth comb should be used (not a brush) and it is best to avoid combing while wet. Use of product specially designed for synthetic hair, such as BeautiMark, can also help maintain the quality and condition of the hair. We also recommend detangling spray! With proper care, heat-friendly synthetic hair should last up to a few months.
BeautiMark- great product to keep your wigs, hair extension and hair pieces looking great!!
Detangling Spray-HD Smooth Detangler 8.5 oz. by John Renau is great – This product eliminates frizz and tangles while restoring healthy luster and body.
Hold the bottle 6-8 inches away from hair and spray. Comb through a wide tooth comb then let it air dry.
Proper Care- Synthetic hair and human hair each have special needs in order to maintain their natural look and feel. Washing your wig once a month is ok but it depends how much you wear your wig or even your hair extensions. If you wear your wig a lot, the best way to go is 3 times a week. If you are going to wash your wig by yourself please make sure you are using the right products. The right products make the most difference
There are advantages to both human hair and synthetic hair wig. Human Hair offers the most natural look and feel as well as styling versatility. While typically more expensive, with proper care, human hair can last over a year or more depending on how well you maintain it and wear it. It is remarkably soft with a shine and movement that is not easily duplicated in synthetic hair. It is also extremely versatile. Human hair can be cut and styled to suit your personal taste.
There are mainly four basic types of human hair used in wigs.
- Chinese, wigs are made out of Asian hair Chinese hair has thicker coarse and straight hair. It is more resistant to curls so it will be harder to style.
- Indonesian, hair is less costly and can be found on ethic style wigs.
- Indian Hair– is thinner but is closer to European hair but with bit more texture and a little bit less costly than European but not too much. European hair is the most sought after for it’s fine denier but due to its increasingly limited supply in the market place it is more expensive. The most difficult human hair to get is Gray hair that is also European which is costly as well.
European, Caucasian and Russian hair is the most popular, if you are searching for the natural look.
- Remy human hair is considered a premium option. Hair follicles are kept running in the same direction when collecting and crafting the wig or hairpiece. With cuticles all running in the same direction, tangling, is greatly reduced and hair looks and feels silkier. Remy hair is great for extensions, hairpieces, and wigs because it achieves the most natural look. The great thing about Remy hair is that the cuticles are kept intact and not stripped like in non-Remy hair extensions.
- Regular Synthetic Hair tends to be a more affordable choice and offers great ease of wear. Wigs can often be worn right out of the box with little or no styling. Both are great choices for you depending on your budget, time, and need. They both have their pluses!
Please note, that synthetic hair is sensitive to the sun, does not last as long as human hair and can be difficult to style and cannot blend in as well with your real hair. Synthetic wigs look best in real short hair styles. Expect to pay anywhere from $60.00-$85.00 for Synthetic hair extensions and anywhere from $100.00 to $500.00 for human hair extensions.